Dec 13, 2008

The beginning of a long journey..

I have wanted to do this ride for as long as I can remember, for the challenge, the achievement, the community but mostly for the cause.

I truly believe that if I can completely change my life in a year to complete this ride, together we can change the future of AIDS/HIV and those affected by it.

This is the start of the second part of my journey, the first of which began last May when I decided that this was the year I was finally going to do the ride.

I've had to take a break from getting ready after an accident in mid October. Ever the eternal Gemini, always in a rush to get where I am going, believing I was invinceable, I was careless and took a road I didn't know too fast. I lost control and crashed into a guard rail at 30 mph.

After 2 days in the hospital, 2 brain bleeds and a broken collar bone, I was told not to get back on a bike any time soon.

I finally got clearance to ride in January and I can't wait to start. I can't believe how much I've missed being on my bike. For the fat girl that's always been just a little too lazy to ever be into outdoor activity that was too strenuous, it's unbelievable.

On to more changing and training and adventure..

No comments:

Post a Comment