Apr 17, 2009

GG Bridge and 40 days to go!

Last Saturday, I joined the Cyclist rep ride from the Sports Basement near Chrissy field. It's the first time that I've been there and it was a fantastically beautiful day. It was great to see all the other cyclists out ready to ride.

We had quite a few join us, I think 18 was our total number. We set out after the mandatory streching and safety speech. I had ridden the day before in the Los Altos hills by myself and my legs were tired, not the best way to start this ride.

I unfortunately fell quickly to the back on the way to the bridge. I was sooo not ready for the climbing to get there, but thanks to Susan and Russ, they waited for me.

Crossing the bridge was amazing. I wish I had had time to stop and admire the view, but I needed to catch up.

We rode across the bridge, down into Sausilito and then on to FairFax. It was beautiful and the ride was great. Susan and Russ were excellent company.

We caught up to the others in FairFax and had a bite to eat. Then we started on the trip back.

I wish that I could say that I did better, but it was a struggle. The climb from Sausilito back up to the bridge was sooooo hard. I'm not sure if it was just because I was tired from the day before, or because I'm behind on my training, but whatever, it seriously freaked me out because it was so hard.

I've made the commitment to get back in the gym even harder and start riding on my off gym days even if only for an hour.

There are so many reasons for me to be doing this ride.. I can't let myself fail.

I have a ride this Saturday in Morgan Hill.. stay tuned for the details. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment