Apr 20, 2010

Jewelry fundraiser for ALC 9..

A while ago, while visiting my mom, I got the idea to make jewelry from the recycled bicycle parts that I had laying around and sell it to raise money for ALC. Part of my journey in getting ready for ALC 9 is raising money to meet my fundraising goal. My goal this year is $5,000 and so far I am 53% of the way there with 47 days left.

What you see to the right is one of the bracelets that I make and my favorite piece. I've also made a couple different necklaces that aren't recycled bicycle parts, but they carry the message of hope that is also a part of ALC.

For those of us that ride, wearing jewelry made from bike parts.. well it just seems right. Also, for those of us that are still working on raising money, they are excellent conversation starters for prospective donors.

To get one of these awesome bracelets or necklaces, just make a donation of $10 or more on my ALC page. Then send me an email or FB message with the item you want. You can email me at hutson . niki at gmail.com.

Also, I will be bringing a bunch of these to DOTR on the 24th, so you can pick one up there if you get to me before they are gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment