Well, as usual, I haven't been keeping up with my blog as much as I wanted to, but I'm really going to keep trying to update it more often. In January, I started working with a cycling coach along with some other members of ACTC. His name is Thomas Chappel and he wrote the book Base Building for Cyclists. We meet with him in a class setting once a month and do a group ride once a month. Also, we are setup with TrainingPeaks accounts and he has given us all a training regimen to follow when we are not with him.
I like what we are doing and I can really already see the difference in my cycling, although it's not hard to improve from nothing. So, I ride 5 days a week and strength train 2 days a week. With that, work and home life, I don't have time for much else.
So, that leads me to what I really have to get moving on.. and that's fundraising. I'm trying to work on some stuff that I can sell to earn money. A friend of mine and I were going to do some consulting on the side and give all the proceeds to ALC, but we just don't have any time to do the work.. so I'm not sure how that is going to pan out.
As far as me, my health and all that goes.. as of right now, I am almost 40 lbs. lighter than I was when I did the ride last year. I have lost a total of 66 from my highest. So, things are looking good on that front.
Till the next time..
No comments:
Post a Comment