One of these days, I really will get better at keeping this thing up.
So, here's the latest. I've been riding every week, usually twice on the bike, then working out 3 more days a week. It's been challenging trying to figure out how to fit all the workouts in especially when I was trying to follow the coach's plan of 2 workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I think Heather wanted to throttle me on those days.
I had to make some compromises to make everything work smoothly, but I think we have a pretty good handle on things. Not quite a routine, but close. I am still not a morning person, so early morning workouts at the gym are still hard for me, but the benefits so outweigh the negatives. If I could just figure out how to remember that when the alarm goes off.
I've been going out of town about once a month also to visit family and that gets tricky with training, but last weekend I brought my bike with me on my trip and rode from Yorba Linda to Newport Beach. It was a beautiful ride and a ton of fun on the way down with a beautiful tail wind. I rode 27 miles in a little under an hour and a half. That beautiful tailwind however, became a horrific headwind on the way back. I would rather ride hills than into headwinds. It was horrible.
I learned a couple things on that trip. Plan water stops carefully in unknown territory and eat consistently. I was so stretched thin when I got back to my moms I was really lucky that I didn't bonk on the trail. The other thing I learned.. remember the ipod when you ride on that bike trail. Part of that ride was so boring with nothing to look at but cement fence and a dry river bed. The beach was amazing, but getting down there, well let's just say not as nice as the bay area for riding.
Now for a fundraising update..
$2105 raised so far.. 42% of $5000 total goal.. 67 days to go!
I was blown away yesterday when I put out a challenge to see if people could get me to the mini goal (raise $1000 between 3/21 and 4/1) by the end of day. If they did, I would wear the costume that Team PMS has chosen for their day 5 outfit. It's similar to a saloon girl from who knows when.. but needless to say, there's not much of it.
Well, me and my big mouth.. lol. It took just a little over an hour for people to respond to that challenge. Now I get the good fortune of looking.. well.. interesting on day 5, not to mention the chaffing and other uncomfortable riding issues.
No one will ever be able to say I wouldn't do anything for ALC!
No comments:
Post a Comment