I'm hanging out with our son watching "The Ride: 7 days to end AIDS" Amazed that I'm going to be doing this is 7 days.. 7 DAYS!! Holy crap.. how did it come so fast?
I rode this morning with ACTC. I did the Tour de Franks.. lol. I love the Franks, Scott and Susan are such great people. It was a short ride and I got to ride with Merideth again. I'm so glad I started riding with these guys again. Merideth and I ride at pretty much the same pace and she makes me laugh which is always a good thing, especially when you are ready to fall off the bike from exaustion.
So, this week was good.. last week a whole other story. It was a comedy of errors with me and my bike. I crashed, almost took Merideth down with me, f'd up my gears, skinned up my knee, almost fell right in front of Susan causing her to almost run over me and basically was a complete and total wreck all day.
So, I'm nervous about next week. I know I'm not prepared enough. I know I'm not conditioned enough, but at this point there isn't anything I can do about it except do my best.
I've already decided that I'm going to do the ride again next year and it will be different.
Anyway.. there's still this year to get through.. But here's the thing I keep in my mind.. for all the people that are dealing with HIV/AIDS, for all the people that are sick and struggle everyday to keep their hopes and dreams alive knowing that they are living with something that could kill them.. for all the young people that think they are so invincible that they will never ever get something like HIV.. for them, I am doing this.
For all the people in my life that are living with this, for all the people in my life that have lived with this.. their fight everyday is harder than I can imagine.. so for them I will do this it will help someone, somewhere..
No comments:
Post a Comment